For over a year Google has been supporting both the new and the older version of Analytics. However, from today onwards Google will be removing the link that allowed you access to the older version of Google Analytics. So, henceforth all your analysis will be done by the new version.
The new version is not only as good as the old but even better with more features and all of you will definitely find it valuable. For those that face problems in using the new version they can always seek help from the ‘Help Center’ which has been a great resource. This ‘Help Center’ will make sure you get all your reports and will also help you make full use of the newly introduced features of Google Analytics. The new version is built on a powerful platform and is faster with added features. Some of the features are:
- Multi-channel Funnels – This feature gives you an insight into the way your conversions are happening over a period of 30 days. It also indicates the various channels that were used to find your website. This function just does not rely on the last click. This enables you to correct your marketing investments and thus save on your marketing expenses.
- Real-Time – This feature gives you a real time picture of what is happening on your website. You will be able to see the impact your marketing campaigns (online or offline), TV advertisements, or Participation in different events is having on your website.
- Mobile Reports – This feature will tell you how people are engaging your website after seeing your AdWords mobile campaign. You will have access to information that will tell you how many pages they visited, how much time they spent on your website, the conversion rate, etc. All this will further help you fine tune your mobile strategy.
- Social Reports – These reports will give you an insight as to the impact your social marketing strategies are having on your business. This is an important feature as social marketing is going to be the next big thing.
- Content Experiments – This powerful feature allows visitors to see different versions of the web page. Then by using the advanced statistical engines you can come to the conclusion which version is the most effective.
Google has incorporated a lot of changes after carefully studying the feedback it received over the last year. At Google it has been a continuous process to improve the effectiveness of Google Analytics. So, keep sending in your valuable feedback to Google to help them make this even better.