Are you an hotelier who wants a visible, available, and irresistible online presence? Do you like to have more and more guests coming to your resort or hotel? Hotel internet marketing is the solution which provides you all the above amenities.
Whether you are a lavish resort located in the isolation of nature or you are a hotel situated right in the middle of the city, here are 10 hotel internet marketing tips which if implemented will boost your brand’s online visibility, attract more tourists, advertise your property, and help you in growing your business.
In this part we shall comprehend about the first 3 tips in detail.
1. Have a Secure and Mobile-Friendly Website.
It would be very difficult for your potential guests to find your hotel or resort, make inquires and book online if your place doesn’t have an official website yet. So whether you are building a new website or you already have one, remember the following points about it:
- It should have a secured paying facility to allow secure transactions of the customers.
- It should have a mobile friendly design. A responsive website is the best solution.
- It should be easily navigable.
- It should have a fast loading speed.
- It should display all the necessary information about your hotel, destination, staff, services, accommodations, rules and regulations, amenities and contact information.
- It should contain beautiful pictures and videos of your hotels’ rooms, climate, and other amenities.
- It should have the ability to translate itself into different languages. This is a major advantage when you are located at a destination where a lot of international tourists flock in.
- It should be integrated to social media.
- It should have a search engine friendly design.
- It should mention the policies, terms and conditions of your hotel clearly.
- It should have testimonials from your happy and satisfied guests.
2. Start Blogging.
An informative blog posted within your website provides a platform for your target audience to read interesting articles, stories and other content about your hotel and about themselves. Regular blog posting helps your hotel business to:
- Increase in the number of your website’s indexed pages in search engines.
- Establish your brand as an expert of your industry.
- Gather insights, expectations and feedbacks from your target audience.
- Connect and maintain relationship with your existing and prospective customers.
- Build an encyclopedia of content.
3. Create Social Media Pages.
Social media is the best platform available for connecting with relevant audience and building your brand name. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, and other social media platforms have the power of making your hotel or blog viral in no time.
Here are a few statistics to make you realize why you should leverage social media for your hotel or resort reputation building:
- Facebook has more than 1.5 billion active users, which means 47% of all internet users use facebook.
- Twitter has more than 320 million users
- YouTube has more than a billion users
- Instagram has more than 400 million users
- LinkedIn has around 450 million users.
Looking at the statistics given above it is evident that the power of social media in building and maintaining reputation is soaring. This service of hotel online marketing provides your hotel free popularity and advertising. After creating your hotel’s social media pages, post regular blogs, interesting photos, short videos, testimonials, etc on these pages.
Be prompt in giving responses to any queries, suggestions, comments and feedbacks you may receive on your pages. This helps in making your audience feel that their suggestions and feedbacks are important for you. Also provide CTA (Call-to-action) button and all the necessary information such as phone number and address on these pages.
In the 10 Tips for Hotel Internet Marketing – PART 2 and 10 Tips for Hotel Internet Marketing – PART 3 we shall take a look at the remaining 7 tips for effective hotel internet marketing. If you have any doubts or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.